"Hey! Say, Pray, Obey" Overview:
Play with Purpose:
SST #3 – Family Projects
Sit with your family and think through some volunteer opportunities you can do together to help others. Here are a few ideas:
- Donate food to a local homeless shelter.
- Take pet supplies to an animal shelter.
- Offer to buy and deliver groceries to an elderly neighbor.
- Offer to weed and mow someone’s lawn.
- Offer to wash someone’s car.
- Offer to walk someone’s dog.
- Draw pictures and arrange to have them delivered to a nursing home or to someone you know who needs cheering up.
- Send notes of appreciation to your local police, fire fighters and first responders.
- Send notes of appreciation to members of the military.
- Send notes and pictures to the local VA Hospitals.
- Make cloth masks out of fun material and deliver them to friends and neighbors.
- Contact specific charities for which you would like to volunteer.